You feel it in the air, the cooler temperature and the changing of colours, there's no denying that it is officially 'Sweata Weatha'. As the weather changes, the way our skin reacts changes too. Seasons change and so should your skin care routine.
Here are a few tips on how to transition your skin care routine from summer to fall:
1. Try gentler cleansers as you'd want to protect the essential lipids in the skin. I recommend using an oil based cleanser like Wildcraft's Chamomile and Honey Make Up Remover. Designed as an introduction to oil cleansing, this product effectively removes makeup and residue from your eyes and face. It can be used as just a cleanser as well. One pleasant side effect of this product is it contains chamomile which naturally helps improve eyebrows and eyelash thickness. We can't complain about that.
2. Get Pumpkin Spicin'. When consumed, pumpkins are great source of fibre and protein among other things. They also work wonders when used as a beauty aid. Pumpkins can help the skin defend itself from the sun's harmful rays. They can be used to smooth and gently exfoliate the skin when used as a face mask. Potential side effect might be a natural glow.
DIY Pumpkin Spice Face Mask
1. Mix cinnamon, brown sugar and coffee grounds
2. Add peeled and chopped fresh pumpkins in the mix
3. Add Honey
4. Blend until smooth
5. Apply mask all over your skin
7. Left overs can be stored in the fridge for up to a week
3. Moisturize All Day, Errday. This is a non-negotiable. Colder months means drier skin, full stop. Try a thicker moisturizer as the regular moisturizer you use in the summer simply won't cut it. I love Graydon's Berry Rich Cream . As the name suggests this luxurious, velvety-rich face and eye cream is infused with a plethora of superfood actives, including a vegan probiotic to nourish and boost skin health. Blueberry seed oil is perfect for dry, dehydrated, tired or mature skin since it helps diminish the look of fine lines, while strengthening your skin barrier, resulting in a more youthful complexion.Infused with blue-green algae (also known as Blue Majik®), it is a powerhouse of amino acids, vitamins and minerals to nourish your skin. Mixed with antioxidant-rich cacao, this cream will help boost skin hydration, prevent water loss, and visibly brighten your face. The vegan probiotic helps optimize, maintain, restore bacteria in skin and help strengthen the skin barrier. Bonus: it doubles as an eye cream so no need to spend those extra dollars, ka-ching!
4. Don't forget your lips. Your lips don't have oil glands, so they're almost always exposed to the elements. People can get chapped lips throughout the year but it can get worst during colder months.Other than using lip balms, you can also use La Bloom's Coco Vanilla Lip Scrub . It is full of skin loving butters and oils, and will gently exfoliate your lips and leave them extra soft, supple, and moisturized! Made with Coconut oil that hydrates skin for 24 hours and helps to improve skin elasticity and collagen production. It's also known for its anti-aging properties and has anti-oxidants such as Vitamin E and Vitamin A, which help slow down the aging process and may help to reduce the damage from free radicals and the sun. Side effect: much more enjoyable kissing.
5. SPF, PERIODT! Do you really need to wear sunscreen in the winter? Yes, yes and yes—we can't emphasize this enough! UVB rays are weaker in the winter, so you don't get sunburned as easily, but the UVA rays that cause wrinkles, premature aging and damage are just as strong, year 'round! I highly recommend Cocoon's Reflector SPF 30 . A mineral facial sunscreen that will provide broad spectrum protection for your face without irritating your skin. Zinc and titanium act like tiny mirrors that reflect sun rays off your face rather than creating a chemical reaction on your skin. This non-greasy, non-whitening formula goes on easily and doubles as a light moisturizer. Packed with nourishing natural ingredients that help keep skin healthy and balanced.